Well, as I got a 3D printer at Christmas I thought I would print one out for my display.
The result wasn't too bad. I think the bezel had been designed with some fancy curves on the front edges and because I printed it face down they had quite pronounced bits of filament that had to be removed, I think I will modify the bezel in Tinkercad to make the face flat.
I tried to sand the face a little smoother but the PLA became slightly discoloured from the glasspaper I used.
The rear was quite good with some strengthening ribs included and I found some small screws that made a tight fit and held in the display.
Next step is to make a backing box for the bezel to fit into but I'm waiting until I finalise the design of the project so I know what depth I need in the case.
I got a quote from Shapeways 3D printing service to print this design and it was £7.65 plus postage, although the quality would be better than from my printer I'm quite happy with the quality and I suppose I could also paint it to get a better finish, I'd better google "painting PLA".