The code base that I used/modified to read and write to my DS1307 was from here, this uses a UNIX time code to set the time.
The app should be used in conjunction with this Sketch, or derivative that uses the same method to set the time. You can also see any serial data sent back from the Arduino in the 'data received' window.
Now I'm not an expert in VB programming but I like the occasional challenge so here it is, please use it and modify it as you like, I got most of the instructions using Google anyway.
The idea is that the computer time is split out into the separate boxes, not necessary but clearer for me to programme.
The 'T' box continually updates to create the UNIX time code and is sent to the Arduino/RTC when the 'Send' button is clicked.
To install the App: -
- Get it from my dropbox public folder here.
- Extract to a folder on your PC.
- Run the setup to install.
- Run the programme.
- Select the comm port (plug in Arduino first).
- Select the baud rate to match the Arduino.
- Click Connect.
- Click Disconnect before exiting the app.
Any problems or suggestions please use the comments.
23/4/11 - Post updated - Link to Arduino sketch corrected.